Communications as a Service: ‘Cloudifying’ the PBX
March 15th, 2018 2:15 pm
But that’s not all: flexibility, scalability, a subscription pricing model and security also make up the list of benefits that cloud communications offers.
Here’s a closer look at each of seven benefits your company can enjoy with a cloud communications system:
1. Saving money: A cloud-based communications system runs in the cloud, so companies no longer have the expense of purchasing and maintaining equipment. Plus, the cloud offers the most up-to-date software versions at all times, which saves companies time as well.
2. Improving productivity: Employees are able to access the full features of a cloud communications system on any device, anywhere they can access the web. Desktop phones, softphones on PCs, apps on smartphones—all provide the full functionality to users they’d enjoy if they were sitting in their company office. Plus, they can use those features to collaborate with their colleagues or clients, no matter where they are.
3. Flexibility: Why pay for 50 user licenses when you only have 40 employees? Or a 500 user license when you only have 400 employees? With cloud communications, you only pay for what you need. And you can add more functionality as required. That means a cost-effective communications offering that works for you.
4. Scalability: The cloud enables easy scaling to meet your company’s needs, quickly and easily. With cloud communications, you can increase or decrease your number of users through a simple web interface, eliminating costly software upgrades or complicated provisioning.
5. Subscription pricing model: With a cloud communications solution, you’ll have the most up-to-date technology at a fraction of the cost of owning an on-premises communications system. No more capital outlays or expensive upgrades—a subscription pricing model means you’re billed monthly for the service, just like your other cloud applications.
6. Security: Cloud communications services are maintained in large data centers, so companies of any size can enjoy enterprise-grade or higher security and reliability—typically higher than what they could provide onsite.
With the many benefits cloud communications provides, it’s time to ask the questions: Is your legacy PBX no longer efficiently supporting your business? Do you want to invest more money in proprietary technology?